We had a chance up to catch up with the girls from Anywho and ask them a few questions about their blog, their inspirations and what the future holds for them.
For those of you who don’t know, Anywho is a style blog which began in Copenhagen by 3 friends, Ingrid, Elise and Stephanie. Since their inception a few years ago, they have grown to become one of the most influential blogs in Scandinavia and are always quick to post very interesting insights into the world of fashion and style.
1) First and foremost, for those of us who don’t know, please tell us a little about the name Anywho. When did Anywho begin, where did the name come from and what does it mean to you and your vision as a blog?
Actually there was no deep thoughts about the name Anywho. When we startet the blog we didn’t know that anyone would read it, so it was just to name it something. But we’re kind of happy with “anywho” now, since it’s easy to memorize and the meaning of the word Anywho is actually a very clear expression of the blog; it’s something you say before a spontaneous remark or comment. And our blog is very immediate and spontaneous.
2) You recently introduced a very interesting clothing collaboration with Danish brand, Kobra. What brought about this collaboration and why did Anywho select this brand specifically to work with?
We liked the idea of making a collaboration with a brand that was not necessarily a well-know designer label. Kobra is a little shop in Copenhagen that makes clothes to an older audience and it was fun to take the loose shapes out of the originating context and present it to our younger readers. We liked the clean and simple shapes and chose our favorite colors this season – the most important aspect for this collaboration was that it related to an expression that described the style of the three of us all together.
3) Is clothing and apparel something we can expect to see more of from Anywho in the future? Was this collaboration a one-off project or is designing clothes something you are passionate about?
The collaboration is a limited edition collection, but after the great succes we had, we are definately thinking of making these kind of collaborations again.
4) Anywho has claimed its position as quite an influential blog in today’s world. Are there any specific moments you are most proud of or perhaps those which helped guide you to the position you have today?
Very big question! But it really made us think. And there is no way we would have been able to do so many things and develope the blog without the very loyal readers! It really comes down to them in the end.
5) What does the future hold for Anywho? Are there any projects, collaborations or wishes that you have which you would like to share with our readers?
First up is fashion week! Copenhagen soon and after that London and Paris. But we are always working on side projects along the way, and we can say that the summer will be quite exciting for us:)